Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's a BOY!

After driving us all crazy with fake outs for the last two weeks, we finally met the reluctant baby boy. Caleb Scott Paxton was born on February 12, 2007 at about 7:35 pm, shortly after the nurse predicted another hour of labor. Caleb weighed in at 6 lbs. 11 oz., and measured 20 inches long.

After spending some time with her new little brother, an initially disappointed Kelsie confessed that “he looks a lot cuter than I thought”, and finally concluded that “he’s a keeper”.

Brandon, on the other hand, was tickled pink by the new arrival, but is still lobbying to change his little brother’s name to “Pirate”. (Personally, I think it makes a better middle name, as in “The Dread Pirate Paxton”, which is actually a better band name, than a boy name. I’ll bring that up next time Brandon and I are jamming in the basement).

At any rate, baby is healthy, happy, and glad no one is trying to poke him with sharp objects for a while, and Mom is doing “fine” (or “really, really glad THAT’S over!”). Hope you enjoy the pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ronni,

Congratulations. He is really cute. I can't tell, who does he look like? Anyways, he is adorable.I can't wait to see you guys. We have to plan something for this summer.

Maria Mendenhall

Whitney said...

Congrats! He's a cutie! I can't believe how great you look after just having a baby, Ronni! I wish I looked that great! We're excited for you and are happy everything went well.

Whitney

Unknown said...

YAY! We're so happy for you! He's adorable, seriously, very cute!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for all of you! What a cutie. Are you loving not being pregnant anymore?!

Unknown said...

I think I am going to change my name to pirate. Then make all children address me as "Miss Pirate." That would be great! You all look wonderful. I was so glad to hear the excellent news. Congratulations!