Then, the kids go to bed.
And our night begins.
We have a fun little game at our house that Wally and I like to play every Sunday night. It is a game where wit and strategy are not necessarily enough to bring to the table. You also need some thicker skin and immunity to spite and malice! We were given Carcassonne from Wally's parents for Christmas and it has quickly climbed to the top of our favorite games. It involves placing tiles together to form cities and roads and getting points for those things that you complete. The secret weapon of the game is the farmers who can help you win the game at the end if they have been placed just right, or totally throw it for you. There are a few RULES (in addition to the rules of the game, of course) that we have when we play:
1. I am ALWAYS BLACK, no matter what.
2. We have to have some type of game food; popcorn, ice cream, usually both.
3. Plan on playing at least twice.
4. What happens at the table, STAYS at the table.
5. BRING IT.

I have also learned a few noteworthy things:
1. Farmers are a good thing, not a waste of a man.
2. Don't try to help anyone out, unless you're helping yourself. You won't get anywhere with that kind of attitude.
3. Don't try to farm in the middle of a circular road.
4. Finally, if you ask Wally what his strategy is and then try it on him the next game, 9 times out of 10, you'll WIN.
This is a "super-galuper" fun game to play, as Brandon would say.
Especially for me.
Because I usually win.
Yeah, I'm competitive.

6 comments:
Wait . . . you're competitive? How did I not know this? :) I've only played Carcassone a couple of times, but I think it's a lot of fun. Glad to know you're enjoying it!
We'll have to get together sometime to play...we introduced it to the Nichols, they're probably adding it to their closet full of games now!
I remember spending Sunday nigths with you once upon a time.
You're such a DORK! But that was fun! Keep on keepin' on!
The comment about farmers will make Kevin laugh :) Maybe this would be a good upgrade from "the Farming Game" his fam plays?
Not sure what the "farming game" is, but definitely a must-play game.
Post a Comment