In case you didn't already know, Brandon is OBSESSED with Star Wars. It is all he talks about, thinks about, draws about, I think it's been absorbed through his skin. He tried talking both Grandpa's into being Luke Skywalker with him for Halloween and wants to buy them each their own Star Wars toy for Christmas. The first thing he wants to do when he gets up in the morning is look up star war pictures on the computer and, if he's really lucky, a video or two as well (he's got a sucker for a dad!). You can pretty much guess what the last thing he wants to do before bed each night as well. When we go to the library, the ONLY books we check out are , yup, you guessed it, Star Wars. I'm sure if we gave him the option, he would sign up for the Jedi Training Academy and learn the ways of the force. (We just won't tell him about it.) We had no idea that a couple of classic movies would result in such obsessive-compulsive behavior from our 4 year old. I think we'll hold off a little while longer before introducing Indiana Jones to a young impressionable mind.A recent conversation (if you can even call it that since it's pretty one-sided) took place on Wally's way to work this morning.
"If Darth Vader comes to our house, I'll shoot a dart at him," Brandon says.
To which Wally replies, "If Darth Vader comes to our house, you need to fight him with your lightsaber."
"But my lightsaber is just a toy."
"If Darth Vader comes to fight you, your toy lightsaber will turn into a real lightsaber."
"Oho! Then I will have to take him outside to fight him?"
Pause. He has to think about this for a little bit.
"If I fight Darth Vader, then I will turn into Luke Skywalker. Then I will start doing flips over him like in The Return of the Jedi and I'll just keep doing flips. Then I will flip so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, sooo, far that I will be in Pennsylvania and turn back into Brandon again. Then Darth Vader will find me and I will turn back into Luke Skywalker and flip over him so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, sooo, far back home."
Silence.
"So, did you beat him?"
"Yep." he says with a shrug of the shoulders.
What do you say to that?

2 comments:
Your son and my son Tommy would get along so well. Tommy has been obsessed with Star Wars since he was 3 1/2 and he is now 6. I am wondering when it will fade. I am so sad you are moving to Chicago. We never even got together. I think I might live really close to your sister Whitney, so if you ever head up this way one last time, you will have to make sure to contact me. Tommy has so much Star Wars stuff your son would be in heaven.
That would be tons of fun to get together, but we're not going to be heading out that way.
I had no idea how big of a thing Star Wars was going to be...pretty funny!
Post a Comment