Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sledding

There aren't very many hills out here in the Midwest, let alone sledding hills. Fortunately for us, there is a small hill just down the street at one of our favorite parks, the perfect size for kids. Since we got a foot of snow this weekend, we decided to make the most of it and take the family out sledding. We have a nice big sled (Caleb's primary transportation these days to and from school) for us to enjoy. Kelsie and Brandon tested the hill and packed down the snow for a good run which set the stage for the next hour and a half of fun. The snow was deep and soft, the perfect kind for sledding and having a nice big snow fight--which is what Brandon decided was a lot more fun to do than waiting his turn to slide down the hill. This was also Caleb's first real sledding experience, and we were really impressed with his innate abilites to the sport. He liked going down the regular old sled until our friends showed up and brought their pizza pan. After that, it was all about the metal pan, or not at all. He's a pretty tough 1 year old, if I do say so myself. Don't believe me? Watch the video:




9 comments:

Kenna said...

Ok. . .how cute is Caleb?!! Especially at the end! Looks like fun. I love to sled! Too bad there aren't any big hills there! And, wow, Wally! You're an amazing sledder!! : )

Whitney said...

Caleb's a champ! Looks like the perfect place to take kids! I never would have thought of metal pizza pans! They seem to work great!

Jaime said...

Such a fun little video!!! I love watching Caleb sled, so cute, and I love how when he's done he just lays there waiting for help to get up. What a fun day!

Shayne said...

Cute video! I'm glad you guys had fun! Once again, I love your family!! I think Boston and I will have to go sledding soon!!

Kacie said...

That was so cute to watch! You were so excited after finishing your turn! :) Your kids are so cute and Caleb was so cute to watch! It just looked really cold though! :)

Mom and Dad said...

Loved watching all of you sledding! Caleb is so cute and fun to watch on the pizza pan...pretty coordinated!

Jennica said...

What a sport! And what a great mom you are to break the pizza pan in for everyone. It all looked so fun! How did you add the music but still get to hear everyone's voices?

Sarah S said...

I love the video! And Caleb IS tough - there is no way Eli would have done that with as much grace (and he prob. would have cried every time he fell off the sled). Very cute!

kelby said...

looks like lots of fun! I loved the video!