Today was the last day of school for us. It was actually a snow make up day from last February when a big cold front hit our area. It was kind of a joke though, since most of the education population was out of town or just didn't show up. Brandon's teacher wasn't even there. Oh well. The last day is still the last day of school, right? I thought it would be fun to compare the first day of school pictures with the last to see how much they've changed this year. And believe me, a lot has changed for our family.
August, 2010
May, 2011
2nd grade turned out to be a pretty good year for Brandon. His easy going personality and ability to adapt to new changes really helped him end the year just as good as he started it. It didn't take him long at all to find new friends and also to find his place in his new classroom.
These next pictures are bitter sweet for me. This was Kelsie's last year of elementary school. I really don't know where the time goes, but we're entering the exciting years of middle school in the fall. Kelsie loved her old school in Evanston and it was a really hard thing for her to move and be the new kid again. It was sad to see her say good-bye to her old friends, but she seemed to find her place fairly quickly here. She ended her last year of elementary school strong and ready for what lies ahead, even though she's pretty nervous about that too. Honestly, I feel like I'm not old enough to have a child this old. My little girl is growing up faster than I want her too, but she is turning into a beautiful young woman.
I can't believe our kids are getting this big. Weren't we just teaching them how to ride bikes in the parking lot of Ashworth?
Sage had the "maturation" talk in school on Monday. She came home and informed me that if she seems irritable it is likely that she has PMS. At least that is what the nurse said.
11 comments:
Crazy that Kelsie is done with elementary school!!! You are definitely not old enough to have a middle schooler :) Beautiful pictures.
They are such great kids. They grow up so fast!
Kelsie is already moving on to middle school? Wow! Beautiful kids! Fun to see them at the beginning and end of the school year!
What cute kids - I love the pics! You are always full of great ideas! :) I can't believe Kelsie is going to be in middle school... that's CrAzY!!!
I hear ya! I can't believe Syd will be in middle school next year!
Done with elementary!! no way. I am loving this idea of the beginning and ending of school year. Such great shots of the kids.
YAY for Summer!! Love the pics!!
I can't believe our kids are getting this big. Weren't we just teaching them how to ride bikes in the parking lot of Ashworth?
Sage had the "maturation" talk in school on Monday. She came home and informed me that if she seems irritable it is likely that she has PMS. At least that is what the nurse said.
Can you believe?
Great pics! Fun to see how much they've changed over the course of a year! I can't believe Kelsie will be in Jr High!
I love these pictures! You have some good looking kids! I can't believe how old they are getting! So fun!
my least fav. part about the beginning of summer
Post a Comment