Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Western Expedition 2011
I started out thinking, "I must be crazy!". Driving myself and four kids out to California, Utah and back by myself seemed a bit unrealistic. Especially since Wally wouldn't be joining us until the last leg of our trip. But like most things I do, I didn't let the craziness stop me. I packed up the car, loaded the kids, gave Wally a big kiss and then headed out into the unknown. Well, as unknown as I-40 can be to a girl whose never driven on it past Flagstaff, AZ.
The reason for my sudden fit of insanity? Adventure? Yes. To make memories? Yes. To prove to myself (and those who thought I was completely out of my mind) I could do it? Yes. But the real reason we went was first to visit my parents, whose home we haven't been able to visit for a few years, and second to let my kids swim in their pool to their hearts content for a week and a half. Was it worth it? YES!
We had a great trip and oh, the stories to tell! I have a lot to share about swimming, the beach, driving, reunions, and even brakes (or lack thereof!). I am glad to be home after being gone for nearly three weeks. The biggest thing I have learned about this jaunt across the Western U.S. is that I can do anything. Even with four kids in tow.
Oh wait. I already knew that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Oh how you inspire me!!!!
We are sooo glad you were "crazy" enough to come visit us! We loved having you here!
YES!
Go girl! ;)
Well aren't we full of ourselves?!! Can't wait to see more pictures of the crazy trip!
Wow, amazing picture! You're getting good. And yes, you are crazy! (But I'm so glad you are :) )
I have to agree with Jaime. You are definitely crazy - but we're glad you are :) We had so much fun with you and you pulled of an amazing reunion!
Post a Comment