Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer Lovin'


I've been trying to write an end-of-summer post for about a week now and it's been hard. Life has certainly gotten busy here with a couple of anxious kids (and parents) getting ready to start school and all the preparation that goes into that.

Summer, where did you go?

We really had such a fun summer and tried to make the most of it. We spent a lot of time with family and friends. We put on more than just a few miles in the car as we traveled around. Plenty of hikes were enjoyed by most of us. We were able to play host a couple of times to visitors and found some new things to do around here that were pretty exciting.

Of all the fun that we've had, though, I have to admit that high on my list was our nightly meet up on the driveway to watch kids rides bikes, look for lizards, play with cars, and draw on the huge sidewalk canvas. The boys were able to be boys, dirt and all. Kelsie was in her element with a bucket full of chalk and a blank driveway. The weather was great and we enjoyed beautiful sunsets and watched as the clouds rolled in for summer thunderstorms.

I'm definitely a get-up-and-go-do-something kind of gal, but these moments when the world just seemed to be at a standstill and everyone was happy and having fun were perfect for me. We certainly made the most of our summer and will look forward to the months ahead, but for now, I think we'll go out on the driveway and enjoy it.

4 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

You described summer at your house perfectly! We also enjoyed the nights on the driveway watching kids ride bikes and drawing pictures!

Kenna said...

I'm glad everyone had such a fun summer. Isn't that what summer is all about?

Unknown said...

:) I"m pinning that picture, it's beautiful!

Shayne said...

I just love your family!!! :)