Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Peace


I've had a lot to think about today. We lost another friend to brain cancer this morning. This is our second friend within the last 8 months that has passed away from this awful disease. Words can't express the deep sorrow that I feel for her family. It's hard to lose those that we love. I am so grateful for the love and hope that our Savior, Jesus Christ, brings to each one of us during these hard times. I am especially grateful for the sealing power that enables us to be together with our families for eternity. She will be missed, especially by her sweet husband and four kids. Having a knowledge of the gospel makes it a little easier. I am so happy that she is not in any more pain and that she is able to move forward with her life on the other side of the veil. She will be a great strength to those she is with now with.We will miss her and are sad to see her go, but knowing that we will see her and our other friend again someday brings us peace and happiness.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry for your loss :( Cancer sucks.

Kacie said...

How sad! That's crazy that two of your friends died from this!

Mom and Dad said...

We are so sad to read about another loss in your lives.

Allens said...

My heart breaks for this family. The knowledge that we are an eternal family and that we will be with our loved ones again is a great source of strength for me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Jaime said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend. My heart breaks for their family. Times like this really bring into perspective what a forever family really means. What a blessing to have that knowledge.

Anonymous said...

I had to watch her die for 2 month and then listen to her 5 yr old say "That's my mom or at least part of her." And to watch everyday for the past month what is happening to her family is heart shattering. I know that unless you have been in my position many a time you cannot even fathom what it really feels like.
No offense meant to anybody