Monday, January 07, 2008

Life Moves On: Part 1

We finally made it to Chicago and have started unpacking and getting our lives back in order. I have a lot to catch up on so I'll have to rewind back to Christmas.

Our highlights from Christmas:

Brandon woke up just before 6 a.m. to ask if it was time to see what Santa brought. In an effort to keep him from waking everyone else up, we told him it wasn't time to get up yet and that he had to wait until 7. So, he climbed into bed with Wally and watched the clock and announced the time, "Dad it's 6:01...dad, it's 6:02....dad, it's 6:03....". This went on for about 5 minutes and then I'm not sure what happened since I went back to sleep after that.

The kids all had a good time opening presents and were, for the most part, pleasantly surprised. Kelsie loves her new Hannah Montana microphone and scrapbooking kit. Brandon had tons of fun setting up his new hot wheels track and playing star wars with Dad's new lightsaber (a red one, which Santa brought to go along with Brandon's blue one). Caleb wasn't so sure about anything and quite frankly wanted to go back to sleep after all the commotion. We think he likes his new walker and balls that he got, but I guess only time will tell.

Wally and I had a nice Christmas too, until 12 p.m. when we took everything down and packed up the rest of our house. Unfortunately for us, it didn't feel too much like Christmas after that, but I insisted keeping the tree up for one more day just to hopefully feel like it was still Christmas (by the way, it didn't last very long and was gone the next day).

We were invited to some friends house for Christmas dinner that night which was a whole lot better than what we were going to eat (top ramen and leftover food in the fridge). We had a fun time visiting and playing a new game with them.

We had a really good Christmas and enjoyed as much of the season as we could, considering our big move. We thank all our friends and family for helping make our Christmas so special!

No comments: