We have now lived in Evanston for just about 3 weeks and have been hit with some very harsh weather. Last Saturday, we had a hi temperature of 7 degrees, but with the factored-in wind chill, it really felt like -18 degrees! It was so cold that when we woke up in the morning, ice had formed on the INSIDE of the window, not just the outside. Wally showed the kids how to breath on the ice to melt it and then watch it refreeze in less than 1 minute! Kelsie and Brandon thought it was so fun and exciting to melt the ice and watch it freeze again. Wally was so excited and happy to watch their interest in this new phenomenon! We took a short video to share the excitement with all of you.With such frigid temperatures over the weekend, we decided to make Saturday a family day where we each picked the one thing we wanted to do the most! Brandon, of coarse, chose to watch the rest of Star Wars, Episode 1, The Phantom Menace from the night before. Happy that the Republic regained Naboo and peace was once again restored in the galaxy (at least for now), we moved on to a riveting game of telephone, Kelsie's choice. Remember that game from elementary school? We sat in a circle and the "operator" whispered a message to the person on their right until the message got to the end where it was announced to the group. It was lots of fun to hear how the message came out at the end! After telephone, we played Wally's game of choice, Scrabble, Jr. When our game was finished, Wally braved the elements and ran out to the grocery store and then came home and made homemade pizza for dinner.
The rest of the weekend didn't warm up too much. We discovered just how cold it was outside on Sunday morning when Wally went to turn on the shower before church and nothing came out! Our pipes froze overnight and we weren't able to de-thaw them before church. Needless to say, we went to church stinky and smelly. We were able to hide it pretty well, I think, since people sat next to us and were still interested in getting to know us!
Despite our freezing weekend, we are still adjusting to our new home and area that we live in. For the most part, things are going well. We are all feeling better from being sick when we moved in. Kelsie is enjoying her new school and is making some new friends. Brandon has enjoyed his new Primary class and has a new friend at church too. Caleb is oblivious to our change and has adjusted well to his new surroundings. I thought I'd leave you with a short, quick video of Caleb's new funny face that he makes. It just makes us smile and thought you would too.
The rest of the weekend didn't warm up too much. We discovered just how cold it was outside on Sunday morning when Wally went to turn on the shower before church and nothing came out! Our pipes froze overnight and we weren't able to de-thaw them before church. Needless to say, we went to church stinky and smelly. We were able to hide it pretty well, I think, since people sat next to us and were still interested in getting to know us!
Despite our freezing weekend, we are still adjusting to our new home and area that we live in. For the most part, things are going well. We are all feeling better from being sick when we moved in. Kelsie is enjoying her new school and is making some new friends. Brandon has enjoyed his new Primary class and has a new friend at church too. Caleb is oblivious to our change and has adjusted well to his new surroundings. I thought I'd leave you with a short, quick video of Caleb's new funny face that he makes. It just makes us smile and thought you would too.


4 comments:
Such fun times being frozen inside. Just hearing Brandon's voice makes me miss that little kid! I'm glad to hear that things are going well. And Caleb is adorable, loved the funny face.
Holy Crap! I'm so glad I don't live there! Don't freeze to death! That just looks miserable. I hope you guys are doing ok. Are you staying warm??? Oy!
Hey Paxtons, it's been fun to read and catch up on what you've been doing! Have you been able to enjoy the trail by the lake yet? Where in Evanston are you living? I think I just need to give you a call :) Congrats on surviving yet another move!
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Post a Comment