Saturday, June 21, 2008

Shedd Aquarium

I took the kids down to Chicago on Friday (yes, by myself but with a friend) so we could go to the Shedd Aquarium. It was discount days so admission to the aquarium was free so I thought it would make a fun outing for us! We took the train down into the city and caught the express (learned the hard way last time) and walked over to the aquarium. The kids each brought their scooters so it would make it a little easier on their legs so I guess technically they scooted while we walked.

We had such a fun time! We got there in time for the dolphin show, were totally wow'ed at the HUGE Komodo Dragon we saw and ate lunch under the sea watching the whales and dolphins swim around. Kelsie was our official photographer and took some great pictures and videos of the penguins, dolphins, and whales. Brandon was so excited to see the sharks! Caleb wasn't really sure what was going on, but seemed to like watching the animals swim around!

We got there early enough that we were able to see most everything we wanted too, but since it was a free day the aquarium was crazy! The man who showed us the boa constrictor mentioned the he hadn't seen it that busy in about 3 years! Even when we left that afternoon, the lines were still super long and crowded! We really had such a great time together and and were so happy that we went. The kids were pretty worn out by the time we got back to the train station to go home, but we managed to keep Brandon awake (thanks, Joy!) the whole way and we made it home in time to watch Camp Rock for movie night. All in all, it was a great day and couldn't have asked for better weather and company to spend the day with.

10 comments:

Sarah S said...

I couldn't believe how crazy the Shedd was that day!! I'm glad you guys had so much fun even with the crowds.

Shayne said...

What a fun day! Boston loved the video!

Whitney said...

Sounds like a fun day! Makes me want to take Lydia to the aquarium... :)

Unknown said...

That looks like a seriously cool aquarium!

Kacie said...

First of all, LOVE your outfit! OW, Ow! Those capris look great on you! I still can't get over how blue Caleb's eyes are! You have such beautiful children! What a fun and exciting day! That's so nice you went with a friend! Thanks for sharing this! Loved the video! :)

Dean Family said...

I have been to that place that it is so cool- I am so glad you got to take your kids!! Way to go Ronnie. I am still loving your hair cut-

Kenna said...

I love the pictures of you and Caleb, and you and Brandon! They're so cute! Kelsie did a good job. Sounds like a fun day!

Jennica said...

All such cute pictures! I think your hair totally fits you! Do you still love it? Anyways, with all those cute kids I was wondering when you're having another one?

RP said...

Hmmm, not really thinking about more kids yet, but thanks for asking?!

Mom and Dad said...

Cute photos. We enjoyed the video. What a good mom you are!