A long time ago, in a place far away from here, a nice (looking) boy asked me out. I said yes and thus began a relationship that has lasted and will last into the eternities. One particular night out, we walked up to one of the buildings on campus and found an empty room with a piano and started playing.The piano, that is. Ahem.
He asked me if I knew how to play Heart and Soul and I said I did all the while thinking to myself, I'm sooo going to impress him! So, he started the lower part while I did my very best version of the melody a couple octaves higher. By the end of the song, he was impressed and I was feeling very proud of my performance. We then switched places. As I began playing, I noticed that he was serious about his part. And as we continued to play, he totally blew me out of the water. He was good. Real good. He made my not-so-humble rendition sound not so impressive. (As it turns out, he's just really good at improvising.) It wasn't long after our little piano recital that he kissed me for the first time.
Heart and Soul, baby.
It has been almost 11 years since that night. We still like to play that song together, usually with him on the melody. Except, now, our daughter can play it too.
Good times, my friends.
Good times.

8 comments:
Looks like you all have some musical ability. Pretty impressive Wally can improvise so well on such a difficult piece. Next time you'll have to set up the camera on the tripod and record the 2 of you "going at it." on the piano of course.....I mean playing the piano) Just so we can see who's better.
Oh, and thanks for clearing up the whole "playing around" thing. You really had me worried about your first date and what kind of people you are! Not!
Cute! Fun watching not only Wally, but Kelsie and Brandon's interest in the piano! You have a musical family!
I love the heart on your wall :) Very cute! And I love that I can remember that fateful night years ago and the giggling that happened during the retelling later that night:)
Wally! We need to have a jam session sometime! :)
That is the sweetest thing!- The story, the piano playing- wow, I'm totally impressed at Kelsie's playing! Wally is awesome and I love that Brandon couldn't help but get in on it too! Love it!
OK, that last comment was from me- didn't realize the comp. was signed into a diff. acct.! Sorry!
That's a great story. Lovin the heart on your wall. What a fun family!
Who knew, that is so great and I also the heart on the wall. You guys are so amazing!
Post a Comment