Sunday, March 01, 2009

In like a Lion, Out like a Lamb

I tell myself every winter that I just have to make it to March. March is that magical month where things are supposed to warm up again, flowers start to bloom, and buds start to form on the trees. In the last few years, though, I have also learned to gear up for one last big snowfall sometime around St. Patrick's Day. So, the count down is on. Today marks the first day of March and it has been snowing all day. We are currently in a Lake Effect Snow Advisory and could see up to 5 inches of the fresh powder by morning (yeah, I am kind of a weather geek). But you know what? I'm totally OK with that. Tomorrow is Pulaski Day which means the kids are home from school so we can just hang out here together doing fun things all day. The famous March saying, In like a lion, out like a lamb, is proving to be true. I'm just holding on to that lamb. I don't want him to get too far out of reach.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

What an adorable picture! Here's hoping your lamb comes early this year! Glad to hear you're hanging in there!

Unknown said...

I heard bird chirping this morning! Yesterday we still had snow on the ground, today, we woke up to wind, but it was a WARM wind-- I'm holding out for real spring! I'm with ya!

Kacie said...

I hope it stops snowing soon! We're trying to work it out to come see you guys so hopefully the weather will be really nice if we do :) Have fun with your kids on their day off!

Whitney said...

We'll keep our fingers crossed for that lamb to come early! We're ready, too!

Jennica said...

I'm ready for Spring too! What I really want is anything, but gray, cloudy skies. Give me blue skies, maybe some sunshine, I don't care if it's stays cold, just a little color please! I need a change!

Mom and Dad said...

We hope Spring comes early for you this year! What is Pulaski Day???