Whew! These last few weeks have gone by so fast here that I have barely had enough time to catch my breath, let alone blog. Here’s a quick report of what has been going on here in our little corner of the world.
We officially have a “tween” living with us now. We celebrated Kelsie’s birthday with a small family party this year. And it rained most of the day. Bummer. She loves being another year older and got (almost) everything she wanted.
Wally spent a week away from us in Europe and had a fabulous time. He enjoyed the time he had to play tourist in Amsterdam and Maastricht, but in the end decided that there really is no place like home.
The day after Wally got home from Europe, his brother and his family came for a visit from Iowa. We had so much fun hanging out and playing with them. It’s always fun to have cousins around and Caleb couldn’t get enough of his new favorite cousin, Caroline. I also just have to mention how much more fun Chicago is in the summertime. So.much.fun.
Since strawberry picking is on our list of things to do this summer, and since it is such a short season, we decided to drive up to Wisconsin just before the 4th of July and picked 12 quarts of strawberries. Caleb ate the berries faster than we could pick them and everyone ended up with juice stains all over their shorts, but we had a great time and had lots of fun together. We were even excited to get a $0.49 ice cream cone at McDonald’s before we headed home.
Then came the 4th of July. It is one of my most favorite holidays, so we went to just about everything we could. The parade was fun, even in the rain, and the fireworks on the beach were great (it stopped raining by then). The kids had fun with sparklers, glow sticks, friends, and fireworks at the end of the day.
A few days later, Wally’s parents came out to visit and watch our kids while we went down into Chicago for a couple of nights to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We had a great time together, without any kids and they had tons of fun without the parents. They were able to eat as much chocolate, donuts, and chips as they wanted and play as much video and computer games to their hearts content. Just the way it should be when Grandma and Grandpa are in charge! I have tons of pictures from our little jaunt into the city—I’ll have to post those later.
In between all of this we have also been doing a little bit of:
reading:
crafting:
taking care of bumps, bruises, and boils:
and getting as much play time in as we can!

4 comments:
Wow! It looks like you guys have been super busy! Yay, for Summer! Um... I love the bags! So cute! And whose legs are those?!
Ouchie legs!
Adorable crafting :) Love it all!
I bet Chicago is really fun in the summer, I have to go there someday :)
Poor little Brandon! I hope his skin clears up soon! I love your 4th of July pictures! You guys looked great in your festive colors! I can't wait to see more pictures of your time in Chicago!!! I'm glad you and Wally were able to go do that!
I feel so bad for Brandon! Is it getting any better yet? It looks like you guys have been having fun! I have to say your 4th of July pics are my fav - so fun :) And great crafting!
Post a Comment