Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Want Ads

Wally has started the long, grueling task of applying for a job. 

It’s.About.Time.

(That’s all I have to say).

Anyway, since we’ve been looking at listings and potential areas of the country we could live in, we’ve been talking a lot more about “Dad’s new job” (that he doesn’t have yet, remember?).  Tonight, it was decided between the kids that Dad should work at Target. 

Or Great America. 

We tried to explain that neither of those places needs a scientist among their ranks of employees.  They had their own solution.  He could be a Roll Cart Scientist and go around doing experiments for all the shoppers or people standing in line.

Now, that’s something to think about.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I would LOVE to have an experiment down whilst in line at Target, so MOVE TO BELLINGHAM!!! I happen to know that we have/need very sciency people around here, specifically, in the Lynden Branch :) You know, now that I know you're looking, I'm going to start bombarding you with postcards and just general NW WA approved brochures...

The Mendenhall's said...

Definatley think you need to move down to the Northwest. I too think the target idea is the best. What a great idea. I will send you an application from the Target by my house. Why is he looking for a job, isn't that why you moved to Chicago??

Kacie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA That is sooo funny!! Good luck with the job hunting!! Your kids are so funny!!

Jaime said...

So cute, and hilarious! He's got to love that they want to be able to see him all the time!

Jennica said...

Kids are great...they sure shoot for the stars don't they? I will just keep my fingers crossed that you might come back to the beautiful brown TriCities...there are lots of Scientists here!

Mom and Dad said...

Your kids just make us laugh! So cute! Good luck with the job hunting!

the Provident Woman said...

You would get a discount. That has to count for something.

Bryn said...

Ah the job hunt...good luck...my only advice is, don't start looking for houses until he has a an interview....it's too long of a process...it gave me an ulcer with no control over the whole thing.