Monday, February 08, 2010

UnbelievaBULL

IMG_6807

B and I went with some friends to watch the Chicago Bulls beat the Heat in the Madhouse on Madison (The United Center) this past weekend. It was the first live NBA experience for both of us, and we’ll never forget it. And Since Flat Stanley flew in all the way from American Fork, UT, we thought he might enjoy the game too.

image

Just behind Stanley, you can see the gigantic remote-control bull that flew around the United Center dropping off assorted Bulls paraphernalia.

image 

After sugaring up on Twizzlers and Starburst, it didn’t take too long for B to figure out that it was okay to MAKE SOME NOISE – and for everyone else to figure out that they’d better plug their ears when he did! He didn’t hesitate to shout out loud every time the Bulls scored, and to tell the Heat to “MISS! MISS! MISS!” every time they stepped up to the free-throw line. I expected him to wear out around half-time, but he was cheering the loudest at the end of the 95-91 Chicago Bulls win over the Miami Heat.

In anticipation of the game, B made a sign to bring to the game to help cheer the bulls on. And also because someone said it might help him get on TV. We didn’t get on Jumbo Vision, and it’s too bad because this is a real classic from the Bulls newest fan:

bulls_poster copy

Go BULLS!

5 comments:

Shayne said...

Wally, you're pretty much the coolest dad ever, and Brandon is by far the coolest kid I know! Awesome sign, Brandon! How fun!!

Kacie said...

What great bonding time! :) I can just picture Brandon getting so excited at the game! Flat Stanley was pretty lucky to go as well! :) What a fun thing to do!

Jaime said...

Wow- that is so cool!! What an exciting outing for the two of you- wish I was there to join you and help Brandon cheer on the Bulls! Oh and they so missed out on not showing that sign on TV- crazy bulls!

Kenna said...

What a great sign! I am so jealous! That is just so much fun.

Whitney said...

I LOVE the sign! It looks like you guys had a great time! Wish we could have been there too. Go Bulls!