Friday, March 04, 2011

Lego Maniac


I can't believe this February marked four years since this little guy joined our family.  I was in on again, off again labor with him for three weeks and had to be induced.  He still took his sweet time.  When he finally emerged, he was perfect.  He has brought nothing but joy and lots of laughter to our family. He learned how to spell and write his name and ride a two wheeler bike this year.  He loves to put words together and anything to do with Toy Story, Star Wars, and Legos.  He is my little shadow during the day and idolizes his big brother.  He and Kelsie share a special bond where they just "get" each other.  He also loves to make Isaac laugh and smile and is quick to "shhh!" him when he starts to cry.  He's generally a happy little guy and can easily put a smile on your face.  We're lucky to have him as part of our family! 

We decided to throw him a lego party this year to celebrate his birthday.  He woke up to "green" oatmeal for breakfast, macaroni and cheese for lunch, and pizza for dinner.  He was able to go to Lego Day at the library and tried to be really, really, patient for his party. 


I got some good ideas from different blogs and tried to make these cake pops, but mine didn't turn out quite as well.  It was fun to draw the little faces on though.  I also got a lot of great ideas from this site where I was able to print off lego paper and find fun game and decorating ideas.  Kelsie was my "assistant party planner" and helped me get everything ready.


I think it ended up being a really good day for Caleb.  He loved all his gifts, especially the legos and has fun playing with everything since. 









I'm also convinced that at least one of the kids has to rebel every time I pull out the camera.  I think they talk about it behind my back.



Even Isaac got into the party.  He had no idea what was going on and loved being part of everything.  He would give us these silly grins when he wanted more to eat (no cake for him though, he's got to wait a few more months for his birthday!).



Happy Birthday Caleb! We love you lots!


One last look at my lego cake pops - I made a couple girl ones for me and Kelsie!

10 comments:

Whitney said...

What a great birthday! I love the lego theme and all that you did for it! So fun! Happy birthday, Caleb!!

Sarah S said...

what a great idea!! happy birthday caleb!

kristine N said...

That looks like such a fun party!

Kenna said...

How fun! I thought the Lego Pops were cheese. Good to know they're not! I love how you (and Kelsie) go all out for parties and celebrations! How fun! I want to come next time!

Krista said...

what a great idea to have a lego theme and I love all the bright colors. It looks like they all had such a great time.

Heather said...

We miss you too, more than you know. I wish we could have been there for Caleb's birthday!

I'm so happy that you've been able to get out in jackets and enjoy the sunshine. We've still got months to go . . .

Kacie said...

Wow! what a fun party! Everything turned out so cute! Even your lego pops! I'm glad Caleb had such a fun birthday!

Unknown said...

SO cute! I think cake pops are WAY hard!

the momma said...

Give him a great big kiss from Sisa Murkly! <3

Mom and Dad said...

Looks like a fun party! Very cute! Hard to believe Caleb is four!