Sunday, November 13, 2011
Well Worth the Wait
The much anticipated moment has arrived. Isaac is officially 18 months old now which means that he is officially Nursery age! These last few months at Church are always the hardest with a toddler, but I swear that he has been our hardest yet. He hit his separation anxiety pretty hard and it's been tears and screaming anytime I leave the room. We've been adjusting him to the idea of "dropping off" with play group and with Nursery the last few Sunday's at church. He still gets nervous when you walk him close to the door, but after a few minutes of playing with mom or dad close by, he soon forgets that we even exist and is happy for the next couple of hours. Church is going to be so much more enjoyable now!
He sure is cute though! He's at a really fun stage and is starting to talk more (we're hoping he starts to scream less) and really has fun with us at home. He has recently started to play football with Brandon in the family room, loves to play Legos with Caleb, and is often seen running to Kelsie for comfort or just a hug. He yells "bye!" and "love ya!" to everyone that leaves in the morning for work and school, and will start cheering "go, go, go!" if we walk past the electronics department at Target and a football game is on the tv's.
We're also wondering if he's going to be the engineer of the family as he likes to figure out how things work and will stack and restack Legos for longer than 10 minutes at a time. He loves stickers and his new favorite things are coloring (with markers) and play dough. He gives us hugs and kisses all the time and will even tickle an exposed belly if he sees one.
18 months is a milestone around here in many ways. As excited as we are about his new career in Nursery, we're also a little sad that our little boy is that much older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
What a cute boy! He is growing up so fast!
He is so cute! What great pictures!
He is sooooooooooooo beautiful!
Seriously, that is one of the most exciting days!! Hooray for Nursery!!! He is adorable and has the most beautiful eyes! As always, great pics!
I love him!! He's such a mini-you! Hopefully church will be much better for you now. ;)
He is so handsome! I love it when they can go to nursery!
I had a dream about your kids last night. I was playing with them and they had no idea who I was. When you finally told Caleb who was playing with him, he smiled and tilted his head and then laughed. It was a grand reunion. Miss those sweet kids of yours. Glad I can see them grow through your blog.
The "Momma" is Lori M. Duh! Why wouldn't you know that????!!!!
Adorable!!! Such a cute little guy! And so angelic looking, I can't imagine him being anything but an angel day and night :)
mister cutie-batutie is all grown up!
Post a Comment