Friday, January 27, 2012
Reflecting
I was looking back over this little blog the other night when it hit me that this has been up and running for six years now. Six years! We have since added two kids to the mix since the beginning and have moved three times. It was fun to go back and see some of the old posts and remember the things that we have done together. There were posts that seemed like they just happened the other day, when really, it was like two, three, or more years ago. I remember those days so well. The kids have grown up so much over the last few years. I also noticed that the kids all look the same up until about 2 1/2 years old...and why everyone was so glad when we finally cut Caleb's hair! :)
I have a tendency to measure time by our moves. I started this blog just before we moved away from Pennsylvania to Washington. I wish I would have started earlier and had all my PA memories on here as well. That was one of the best times of my life. Washington seems a little like a blur, mostly because we weren't there for very long. I have blogged most about Chicago and the great time we had living there. Looking back on those posts made me homesick all over again. We were so lucky to have lived in so many wonderful places and have so many experiences (good and bad).
We celebrated our year mark in Albuquerque just after Christmas. It is hard to believe that it has already been a year. I have thought many times in the past year about writing down my thoughts about moving. I never wrote anything about our move from Chicago, and try not to write too many feelings about it as well. Moving can be really hard. Especially when you move around as much as we have in the last few years. Wally and I have decided that we need to give it a good one to two years before we decide exactly how we feel about the place. This has been a year of ups and downs for us, and in true Paxton fashion, we have tried to make the most of it. We still have a long ways to go, but we're getting there a little bit at a time. I like to think that I have learned and grown so much with each move as well. Each one has brought on new challenges and experiences that when I look back, I can really appreciate now, even when I may or may not have been very appreciative then.
We're about to make one more move at this crazy time of our lives (I know, another winter move...). This move is different than others in the past. In fact, this could be one of the easiest and smallest we've ever done (except for the time we moved from a studio apartment into a 1 bedroom across the hall). This one involves a little more commitment and permanency. We finally bought a home. It's about time, right? So, here we are, packing up once again. This time to move onto our new adventure of home ownership.We're excited about this new adventure, especially since we've got grass at the new house! The next few weeks we'll be packing and getting everything ready for this next chapter.
Here's to a seamless transition and another year on the blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Congrats!! So excited for you! You're going to love the grass :) oh, and knowing the house is all yours!!!
We're so excited for you! We'll have to make a trip to see you sometime soon!
Yay! I'm glad you finally have a house that's all yours! Moving is hard, but you have had so much fun doing it! And so many stories! Here's to your nezt adventure!
Congrats! Hope you enjoy your new house!
How exciting!!! I am so happy for you. Now all the pinterest entries will have a place to come to fruition. Can't wait to see the house. Now we will HAVE to come visit you now that there will be a place to stay. Congrats to all our favorite Paxtons. Love and kisses to all.......Lori
So happy for you and your move! At least this time you won't be traveling across the country! We can't wait to visit and see your new abode!
I'm excited for you guys!!! You have a house!!! PARTY!! :)
How sad it is...
Post a Comment