Saturday, May 26, 2012
Another Year Gone
Summer has officially begun here in New Mexico. I can't believe another year of school is done and that we will have 3 (three!) kids in school starting again in August. I am so proud of our kids and all that they have accomplished this year.
To say Kelsie was a little anxious to start middle school would be quite the understatement. It didn't take long for her to realize that it wasn't as bad as she thought. In fact, this little smarty pants earned straights A's, 3 out of the 4 quarters in school and had lunch with the principal because of it! She excelled in all her classes and made some really great friends in the process. She may or may not have been the teacher's pet in more than one class. She is a little disappointed to start yet another new school (since we moved again) next fall, but I'm sure will not disappoint once she's there.
Brandon started off the year pretty excited and then wasn't quite sure about his new teacher so he had some stomach issues in the beginning. Once he realized that she wasn't as bad as he thought, it turned out to be a great year. In fact, when I asked him how his last day went, he said "It was really sad, I almost cried!". He also excelled this year in academics and even on the playground where he picked up 4 square like a champ. We are so proud of him and all the things he accomplished this year.
Caleb is so excited to start kindergarten this fall! He has been so anxious to learn and go to school like his older sister and brother. He practiced a lot over the last 9 months and is now able to read and write and is very prepared for the demands of a kindergartener. I am going to miss my little buddy next fall, I love having him home with me. He's as silly as ever and my prediction is that he just may be the class clown. I guess I should be prepared for that!
Isaac had a great year as well. I've write a lot about what he's up to recently, and he continues to keep me busy all. the. time. He's not really sure what's going on right now with everyone home, but he loves it! I predict a little loneliness once school starts again this fall, but we're going to live it up while we can with everyone home for the summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
I love seeing the side-by-side shots. So cool :)
Love the pictures!
7th grade! yea! Ike is soooooo cute!
Now on to a great summer!! Can't wait to hear all that you guys do!
It's amazing seeing how much kids can grow in a school year! Yikes! Such cute kids! Have a blast this summer!!
Post a Comment