Since it was Premiere week on the major network channels last week, I thought I might as well offer my own opinions and ratings about my favorite shows and some of the new ones this fall. Based on a 1 - 10 scale, 1 being beyond help and 10 being just great, here goes:
How I Met Your Mother - 9This AWESOME show just makes us laugh. We love the humor and all the characters in it. It just keeps getting better every season! You could even say it's LEGEN... wait for it....wait for it.....
The Big Bang Theory - 3 I think if you are way, way, WAY into all the scientific humor then this show is for you. It's about the dumb blond that a bunch of nerds fall for but make stupid jokes that you don't get because you have no idea whose theory or what algorithm they're talking about (or maybe that's just me). It was pretty funny when they went off about Superman and tried to prove why flying to rescue Lois Lane is worse than if she would have hit the pavement when you consider velocity and, blah, blah, blah. It's probably because I know some people who can get pretty eccentric about those kinds of things...like Star Wars (come on, we all know someone, right?). I will say it is fun to watch it with Wally because he totally gets their rants about whatever and will shout out in agreement every once in a while. Hmmmm, what does that say about Wally?!
Chuck - 7 As far as a "nerd" show goes, this one is more my style. It's about this guy that is just trying to get along in life and not really doing anything too out of the ordinary. He receives an email (by accident) containing all these top secret things from the government. He is now being protected by the beautiful CIA agent who also happens to be a blond. Do nerds and blond's just go together?
The Unit - 9 1/2Wally and I have watched this show for a couple of years now and we both really like it. It ended last season with a great cliffhanger and started out just as good. It is based off Eric Haney's Inside Delta Force about all these different military operations that are so top secret they come straight from the president and nobody else knows about them. As far as an action military drama goes, this one is great! If you haven't seen it, rent the first season and start there. You won't be sorry

The Biggest Loser - 7
I think this show is very uplifting and fun to watch the major changes that these people make in their lives. It makes me want to be a better person when it comes to health and nutrition. I just think it is ironic that they have been 2-hour episodes lately, meaning that whoever is watching the show is sitting, inactive and probably enjoying some good dessert while they are watching other people work their butts off, literally.
Kid Nation - 5I have a hard time with this show. It is too much like Survivor for little kids. I hate to see the smallest ones upset and the older ones bullying everyone else around. It's a nice idea, especially for kids, to prove that they can build a city and work together to make it run, but I don't think I'd sent my 7 year old out on her own to fend for herself.

Bionic Woman - 3
I guess this is based off some old TV show or something, but I didn't really get it. Was the accident on purpose? Suddenly she's this machine that can do anything and she knows what to do with it. I really am not into the Sci-Fi type shows and this one didn't bring me any closer to liking them. Oh, and by the way, Sara Corbin says "Hello".
My Name is Earl - 7 This season started with Earl doing jail time and how to stay alive while in prison. It seems that karma doesn't stop once you're on the inside. He's just such a nice guy that he's willing to even help out the guy that's trying to kill him. And then there's poor Randy who can't survive without Earl, even after all the hard work Joy went through to get him to think on his own. It's just too bad that rock was conveniently next to the car Randy smashed. Yeah, he came a long way, but still has a long way to go.
The Office - 8This is another one of those shows that we look forward to just for laughs. I was very anxious to see what was going to happen between Jim and Pam. I'm glad they're dating, but I think it's funny they tried to keep it a secret. It will be interesting to see how the dynamics of the show are now that they are "officially" together. As far as a season premiere goes, it could have been better. I wouldn't say it was their best. The 5k run was pretty funny, especially when the 4 guys took a taxi to get drinks and wait out the race. Classic.
DARY!
I guess I need to find something better to do with my time after all that.
Oh wait, I guess I could blog.

2 comments:
Wow! That's quite the line-up you've got there! The only show we've been watching (at Elaine's) is the Biggest looser. I agree with your rating only because I think they drag it out way too long...and why must there be a 5 min recap after EVEY commercial??!
The only one I agree on is the Office... it's so funny how people have such different tastes! I have to admit, I really enjoyed America's Next Top Model tonight. I know! I know!
Post a Comment