Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow!!!

We have lived in a lot of snowy places: Idaho, Utah, and Pennsylvania to name a few. It did snow a few times in Washington, but I haven't decided if the snow we got there really deserves to be put in the same category. In the one winter we were there, we probably got 3 inches of snow. Total. But, I guess, snow is snow. Come to find out that in Illinois, snow is here too and LOTS of it! We got dumped on the last day and a half with over 10 inches of snow and although that means lots of shoveling, unless you have a handy snow blower or a husband who isn't lazy, and a lot of fun for a couple of kids to play in. We are just glad that it finally warmed up from the frigid temperatures we were having so it could snow!

I took Caleb out this morning to give him the wonderful experience of snow. He wasn't quite sure of how he felt about it. I sat him down in it and he just sat there. I'm sure it's hard to move around in a huge snow suit anyway, but he just didn't know what else to do. When he fell over and laid down, he didn't like that at all. That was the only thing he was absolutely sure of.



Brandon, on the other hand, can't get enough of the white stuff! All suited up, he charged on out to see just how deep the snow really was. He was amazed to find that it was knee-deep (to him, it came up to my calves) and that he had to push his way through it. He helped me shovel for a little while, deciding that the grass, trees, and bushes also needed to be cleared off. He finally decided that jumping off the "mountains" of snow we made could be a lot more fun and rolling around was even better.

Kelsie had pajama day at school, so she trudged off into the winter wonderland with Wally this morning in her pj's and boots (no, we didn't forget the coat, hat, and gloves). She appeared to have been fine when we picked her up from school this afternoon in the same get-up and walked through the unplowed streets to get home. What a trooper!

Wally, unfortunately, was unable to bike into work today and since our car was covered with snow, ended up walking. He has yet to come home, but since he has such a special person in his life (who is NOT lazy I might add) shovel the sidewalk, at least he will have an easy walk once he gets close to home.

I really don't mind the snow. I love it when it snows a lot and it just seems peaceful outside. It really is a beautiful thing. The best part after a cold day out in the elements is coming inside to a nice warm cup of hot chocolate that really hits the spot.



Unless you don't have any.





And you can't go anywhere because there is 10 inches of snow outside.





7 comments:

Shayne said...

Cute pictures! I love that they're in black and white! Also, I can't believe how big Caleb is! Your kids are so cute!

Kenna said...

Wow, Shayne, I was going to say the EXACT same thing! I enjoyed the black and white, and the subjects, of course! Although I have a majorly different opinion about snow (somewhat similar to Calebs), I'm glad you are enjoying it! And I hope that you get some hot chocolate soon!

PS I think you should add the links of our blogs to the family blog. Just a thought!

Mom and Dad said...

Cute pictures and video! Beautiful! We're just glad you're in it and we aren't! The black and white photos are really great!

Jennica said...

Loved the pictures, you took all of them right? You will have to start your own little business on the side lady. you know we finally got dumped on here in washington, where you could finally count it. 10 inches! can you believe that? It snowed along with freezing rain for almost 3 days straight. crazy, i'm ready for the spring.

Whitney said...

I love the pics! It looks sooo cold! It looks like the kids are enjoying it, though! That video of Brandon was hilarious!

Beckie said...

I just noticed your blog on Sarah s's. So glad that you have moved to Evanston and I look forward to getting to know your family better!
I LOVE these snow pictures!

Jennica said...

where is your tag post woman? are you going to spotlight your wonderful husband? It is after all almost valentines.