Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

We had a pretty fun Easter this year, besides the fact that is was so early and I didn't quite feel ready for it. We took the kids to go see the Easter Bunny at the mall, well, really wave at him because I wasn't going to sell my soul to him for a picture. We did our traditional dying of the eggs, which both of the kids really enjoyed this year. Kelsie got really creative with the wax crayon and would draw pictures all over the eggs and then would color them with well thought out plans. Brandon also really enjoyed the wax crayon and made a few tie-fighter eggs in honor of Star Wars (no matter what we do, it always comes back to Star Wars). The thing that was especially nice for me was that both of the kids are old enough to dye the eggs without too much help, which meant that I didn't have to do it. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about dying the eggs, but if I don't have to worry about eggs getting thrown around and dye splashing all over the place then I am happy to take my seat as far away as possible and just watch them having fun.

Easter morning was fun, but hectic. We decided to have our egg hunt before church (which started at 9 a.m.) which took more time than we thought, so we rolled into church just in time to wait in the foyer until the speakers started. Brandon pretty much found all the eggs before we even started our hunt since he's always the first one up in the morning. He showed great control, however, when he didn't touch any of the eggs and instead went for his basket. We heard Kelsie start to get upset with him for eating some of his candy to which he replied, "but it's so good!". Caleb even enjoyed the egg hunt long enough to realize that there was something in the eggs worth getting out. It didn't take him long to figure out how to throw the eggs (they were plastic) just right and out popped some jelly beans. Kelsie, our eternal planner and helper, made sure that everyone found their eggs but would not let anyone help her find hers. All in all it was a great morning and the kids were happy and we went to church on a little sugar rush.

After church, we tried taking some pictures of the kids in their clothes and then started to talk about why we celebrate Easter. We turned on our movie, Finding Faith in Christ, and Brandon was asleep in the first 10 minutes. Kelsie was really into it this year and had a lot of questions afterwards. The kids also watched The Veggie Tales Eater Carol which we do every year as well. We cooked a ham and potatoes and spent the rest of the night relaxing and having fun.

8 comments:

Jennica said...

Cute pics. Your kids make me laugh with all their different personalities. But the greatest things is that they don't seem to really fight just disagree. love it. Easter did come way too fast. The next holiday better be a ways off. hmmm, what is the next major holiday?

Unknown said...

Cute-a-licious :)

Is the 4th of July next? I don't even know!

Kacie said...

Your camera is amazing!! I LOVED the pictures of your kids! They're all soo beautiful! :)

Sarah S said...

great pictures!!

Beckie said...

I love these pictures!! You have really beautiful children!

Mom and Dad said...

Wow, do we ever have beautiful grandchildren! They all looked so cute in their Easter finery!

Lori said...

Seriously, Ronni, you are an awesome photographer! HOw did you get that good lighting?
Lori

RP said...

Thanks for your comments everyone! I am having fun with my camera!

Lori, I used natural light from the big window in our front room.