We went to Healthy Kids Day at the YMCA this morning! We used to go every year while we lived in Pennsylvania, and were sad when they didn't have it in Washington while we were there. It's been on the calendar for a couple of months here to we were sure to not miss it! We had such a great time and we got to do so many things. Kelsie and Brandon went through an obstacle coarse where they had to hula hoop, dribble a basketball, do sit ups and push ups and jump rope! There was a magician who showed us some magic tricks and a group from a karate studio showing off their stuff. Caleb loved the play area where he could walk around and climb all over everything and Brandon had a great time doing flips on the mats. Kelsie jumped 95 times in a row during the jump rope contest and won a prize for jumping so much. (I jumped with her, but I had to mess up on purpose around jump 35 since my pants were starting to fall off. Note to self: get new pants.) We had such a great time and came home with kites, frisbees, snacks, tattoo's, t-shirt's, and as much healthy information as we could get!Along with all the fun that we had, we also got information for a new program called Healthy Family Home that the YMCA is sponsoring. It's all about getting healthy and doing it together as a family. It looks like such a fun program and one of the things that I want would love to get involved with (I did get health education degree and all). Anyway, I thought I'd pass along the information and also a link to the President's Challenge site which is another great way to get everyone healthy!

3 comments:
Thanks for those links! What a cool site! You are such a great mom! Thanks for the example! I want to be more like you!
Looks like you had a great time! Even dad and I can use some more information on staying healthy!
How fun! Our Healthy Kids Day was last Saturday but wasn't as cool as yours sounds. Thanks for the links! Sorry to hear about you and Brandon being sick. I hope you're both feeling better now.
Post a Comment