Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 3: Pizza Night!

K and B had been up since at least 6:30. I know this because that was when they had their first argument of the day. Both tried to wake me up to plead their case. Both failed.

After breakfast, we did some jobs around the house and then drove back down to Wendy's to see if they found K's backpack and water bottle (she accidentally left them there on our last trip to Wendy's). They didn't. But we made some signs and asked the manager if we could hang them up. Hopefully, someone will call and give K some very happy news. She's not very optimistic though.

I'm really surprised, but I actually managed to get K to basketball practice. As we were getting out of the car, she asked me if wishes ever come true. After an impromptu motivational speech, I made it very clear that wishes do, in fact, come true, something that I very firmly believe. A few minutes later, I overheard her saying to herself: "I wish I never signed up for basketball. I wish I never signed up for basketball." So I stood corrected. That wish, of course, didn't come true. But you gotta hand it to her. She is NOT a quitter. She played basketball anyway. She's my hero today. Way more motivating for me than my speech was for her.

After basketball, we called up some friends and got together for a little hike in a nature preserve. B collected sticks, and K collected flowers. We almost got rained on, but managed to have a great time anyway.

Then it was back home for Pizza Night. Everybody loves Pizza Night. It's one of the few foods that nobody complains about. So even if I didn't like pizza that much, I'd still like pizza night just so I wouldn't have to hear the normal griping about the "disgusting" food they get to eat free of charge at mealtimes. Call me crazy, but I actually invited some friends over for dinner (Pizza Night wants to be SHARED!). Since I was spread a little thin, they got drafted into helping put together the final products. But I don't think they minded too much. It was pretty much the best Pizza we've ever made.



Then I realized I was tired. B took advantage of this by playing video games for a really long time. After they went to sleep, I suddenly got more energy. And then I realized I still had to do the dishes...

Quote of the week
K: What are you doing?
Me: Laundry.
K: Didn't Mom show you how to do the laundry?
Ouch...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, the whole Price Fam enjoyed that comentary and video this morning :)