Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Carriage Ride

We are always up for new adventures and giving things a try. This year, we heard about carriage rides a couple towns north of us, so we decided to check it out. It was so much fun! There was hot chocolate and cookies for us while we waited our turn, which only was about 10 minutes. Kelsie, Brandon, and Caleb were so excited to see the horse and get on with the ride. We learned that the horse, Windance, was 2,500 pounds and loves cold weather! The driver took us around the downtown shopping district while we sang jingle bells (how couldn't we?!) and listened to the cloppity-clop of the horse's hooves. It was cold, but the blankets and sitting close together kept us warm. At the end of our ride, we were able to pet Windance and get a few extra pictures. We really enjoyed our special ride and are already looking forward for next year when we can do it again!


Sitting in the carriage.

We love this!

Petting Windance

6 comments:

Whitney said...

I'd be snuggled in that blanket too. Looks like lots of fun! Wish we could have been there to enjoy your fun ride with you! Kelsie did such a great job on the song!

Sarah S said...

That looks so fun!! I'm sad we didn't go this year. Hopefully we'll have our act together more next Christmas...? (we didn't even take Eli to see Santa - mostly because we thought he would hate it, but still!!)

Mom and Dad said...

What a fun family!!

Mom and Dad said...

Wait... this is Shayne! I don't know why I'm in mom & dad's!!

Jaime said...

That looks like so much fun! I love Kelsie's singing and Brandon's expression- I think I might look a little more like Brandon riding in a freezing cold open sleigh!

Jennica said...

The kids' picture in the sleigh was so adorable! Merry Christmas, try to stay warm during the break.