
There really hasn't been a whole lot going on at our house lately. We seem to be stuck in the winter rut: only go outside when it is necessary. Kelsie and Brandon go to school, Wally goes to work, and occasionally (sometimes urgently) Caleb and I make it to the grocery store. The result of all this? Cabin Fever. I have decided that you really can only watch so much TV, play so many video/computer games, play Sorry so many times, and drink packet after packet of hot chocolate before we need to come up with some new activities. It's a good thing that our kids have some good imaginations!
Kelsie created our last name with masking tape one afternoon, Charlotte's Web style. Then, to our amazement, they had so much fun running through tape like it was a finish line. This entertained them for the good part of an hour. All three of them! Who would have thought?
We also dusted off Dad's skateboard one cold, gray afternoon. We pushed the kitchen table aside and the kids had a great time gliding across the floor. (Caleb preferred watching and laughing instead of participating.) Another great time-passer and a bonus of burning off some extra energy!
I also need projects to keep myself busy during the long cold winter months. I finally made my winter quilt top to hang in my entry way. I am really happy with the way it turned out and Kelsie was a great help figuring out what design to do!

So, is there a reason for this post? Not really. It's just nice to mix things up a little bit and do something out of the ordinary. We'd love any new ideas too. What do you do to get out of the winter rut?

9 comments:
At least you are keeping busy inside as much as you can! :) Nice video of the skateboarding! Did you paint the yellow wall? Good luck finding more things to do before spring comes! :) Shayne has lots of good boredom busters on her blog :) Although you already know that. Anyways, good luck getting through the cold winter months! Are your boys feeling better?
Great job on the quilt! I've been wanting to see a pic of it! I loved the skateboarding video too. It's always nice to do something new when you're stuck indoors. You could have your kids make a little home movie - that would be fun to see - and right up Kelsie's alley :) i'm sure that would keep her busy for a while. Good luck keeping everyone entertained!
Life is a party at the Paxton house!!!! I love the video and the quilt looks amazing! You are so talented! Your home is beautiful as well! :)
p.s. I like whit's idea for the movie!
Fun ideas!
We go down to the basement and ride the bikes a lot - well Marlee rides, I push Ava...
Love the quilt!
Your home is super cute : )
I love the tape name! You guys should make a huge picture with the faces cut out (so you can stick your faces through...). That would take a while. And where is the dance party? That's a must! Scavenger hunt? Color game? (Call me for that one. It's fun, and keeps them running forever!) Miniature Golf? There are TONS of blindfold games! Those are always a hit. Science experiments, make different kinds of clay...I should go through all of my stuff and send you some ideas!
What great imaginations! You Paxtons are always doing something creative! The skateboarding video is so cute and looks like so much fun! We were waiting to see you do it Ronni!
Oops, we forgot to mention the beautiful quilt! As usual you did a great job Ronni!
Yay for creativity- and wood floors (aren't they awesome!!). The quilt it beautiful and I love the tape web! Winter just helped you all get your creativity on! I like how Brandon would only go on his tummy.
Your family always knows how to have fun! I LOVE your quilt, you did amazing, then again you always do. We love you guys!
Post a Comment