Thursday, February 19, 2009

I *LOVE* Pizza Night!


One of my favorite family traditions is PIZZA NIGHT, which we started back in 2002. Every Saturday Night, we make a couple of homemade pizzas with whatever we want on them. Everyone loves Pizza Night because everyone loves pizza, (and so everyone gets dessert). And, as you can see, it's extra special when Pizza Night and Valentine's Day collide!

Here's what the kids have to say about pizza night:

K: It's the most deliciousest night in the history of the world!
B: Pizza is so good that I can't believe my eyes when I see it!
C: Mmmmmmmm!

We've experimented with a lot of different things - like BBQ chicken, sauteed onions, garlic chicken, spinach, peanut butter (it was a Thai recipe), and even artichoke hearts (better than it sounds!). We've had a few disasters - burnt crust doesn't happen nearly as often as it used to though. And we've gotten into a few ruts - how many weeks in a row can you actually eat pepperoni pizza anyway? But we still always look forward to Pizza night. Yay for 7 years of Pizza Night!

6 comments:

Beckie said...

YUM! I want to come over for pizza night!!

I do like artichoke hearts on a pizza!
my girlfriends and I would get the veggie pizza in high school and it was covered with artichoke hearts YUM!

Kenna said...

I love the kids comments! I would love to be near you so I could invite myself over every pizza night! What a good tradition! Whitney made a really good pork pizza!! : )

Jaime said...

Wow, what great looking pizza! Who wouldn't love pizza night once a week? My kids are jealous.

Shayne said...

I want a pizza night!!! Here you go again... I just love your family! :)

Unknown said...

You're totally right... artichoke RULES on pizza! If I make it, you better believe it has artichokes on it... paired with white sauce, chicken, some spinach... VOILA! Now I'm hungry!

Kacie said...

That pizza looks so good! How fun that you make it every Saturday night! I think I'll make some for dinner :)