Friday, March 20, 2009

Celebrating Irish Style

We were so excited this year to go down to the city to be part of the St. Patrick's Day celebrations! We rode the train down, which is always a big hit for the kids. We first went to the Chicago River to watch the river turn a bright green. We found a great spot on the bridge across from State Street where we were sure to be able to see. We waited a little longer than we wanted to, and lucky for us there was a group of kayakers on the river entertaining the crowds. Finally, after almost an hour later, the boat zoomed by with the green dye and the crowds cheered! We hung around for the dye to spread out through the river and tried to get some good pictures to share.



We also tried to get down to the parade, but there were so many people downtown, that we decided to head home after lunch. We had a fun time down in the city and it sure got us ready to celebrate on the 17th!






5 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

It looks like a fun time was had by all! Cute photos!

Whitney said...

Very fun! That's awesome they dye the river green!

Jaime said...

What a cool thing to see! I like how fast the boat went that was adding the dye to the river! How long does it stay green?
I also like the pic of Wally and little C, W looks pretty cool and little C is adorable!

Unknown said...

Man, I gotta travel more!

Kenna said...

How fun! I wish I was there with you to enjoy it. . .although it's a lot warmer here. . .maybe I'll just enjoy the pictures!