Our Easter weekend was great! On Saturday, we went to our church for the nursery egg hunt. It was so much fun! They had all the little kids (3 and under) look for eggs outside on the lawn, while the older kids each had a bag of goodies with their name on it. Caleb loved looking for the eggs, but wasn't as fast as some of the older kids. He was happy with what he got and finally decided that it was more fun to open and eat the candy than find more eggs. Kelsie and Brandon had fun searching for their bags and couldn't wait to break into them and see what surprises they got. It really was so much fun! Later that night, we dyed our eggs for the Easter Bunny and then sent the kiddos to bed.Brandon couldn't wait for Easter and all that candy. He woke up really really early. He found his basket, ate some candy, looked for his eggs, then came in and woke me up. When I realized what time it was, I told him to go watch Veggie Tales until 7:00. He came in a couple more times before 7 and even woke up Caleb and brought him into me. Caleb, as it turned out, had a fever and wasn't feeling very good, so he got in bed with me and went back to sleep. By the time Kelsie woke up and Brandon came in to wake us up 3 more times, we were up. Kelsie and Brandon were more than excited to find their eggs and eat their candy. Caleb didn't want anything to do with finding his eggs or his candy. He just wanted to be held and would drift off to sleep until something woke him up again. Poor little guy.
After a quick breakfast and showers, we headed off to Stake Conference where we were able to hear from President Monson and Elder Oaks during a regional broadcast. It really was nice to hear from them on Easter. We then came home, took some naps, watched Finding Faith in Christ, roasted a chicken for dinner and called it a night. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get those pictures of the kids I wanted in their nice new clothes since Caleb wasn't feeling well and Brandon was bouncing off the walls from the sugar rush he had from eating candy all day (and I made them take off their clothes to keep them from getting stained with chocolate). I'll try to get those pictures taken soon though!
I also wanted to add that Easter, for us, is so much more than candy and plastic eggs. We are grateful for the atoning sacrifice that was made by our Savior, Jesus Christ. It is through him and his resurrection that we are able to be together forever. This is the real reason why we celebrate Easter. I loved Elder Holland's talk from General Conference about the Savior. If you didn't get a chance to hear it, or don't know what I'm talking about, click here.








5 comments:
We're glad you had a fun Easter- but are sad poor little Caleb wasn't feeling well. Hope he's feeling better! Cute pillows! Your talents are endless!
I love your pillows!! I also love that picture of Caleb sleeping with his egg.
We really should get together sometime soon - maybe next week we can do a playdate?
Looks like Easter was fun for the kids. I love Brandon's enthusiasm! Sorry Caleb wasn't feeling too well.
And cute pillows, was that part of their Easter baskets?
Elder Holland's talk really was amazing and I enjoyed it a lot too! The part about how he truly felt alone, just like we do sometimes so he knows how we feel? Amazing!
Looks like you had a great time! Poor Caleb, though. Hopefully he's feeling better. And of course, I LOVE the pillows. You never cease to amaze me.
What a fun Easter! I can't wait to see their cute outfits on them! :) good job on their pillows! My kids LOVE theirs! That's too bad that Caleb wasn't feeling good and it made me laugh just picturing Brandon going crazy with all that candy! :)
Post a Comment