In the early morning hours of May 11, our lives changed for the better. Isaac Walter Paxton made his entrance into the world after a long night of labor. He weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces and measured 20 ¼” long, now holding the record for the biggest Paxton baby! The labor and delivery went better than we could have hoped for and both Mom and baby are doing well.
It took only a few minutes for the Kelsie to get over the initial shock of another brother (she really wanted a sister) while the other two boys were overjoyed with excitement! They couldn’t wait to come to the hospital to meet their new brother, but Dad sent them off to school so he could get some sleep before the impending chaos erupted.
Unfortunately, the kids got a cold virus just before little Isaac’s arrival so we’ve had to do some personal hygiene reminders. The purell bottle has been used over and over again and we knew we were getting somewhere when Brandon asked to hold Isaac and then said, “Oh yeah, I better wash my hands because I just picked my nose.” Nice, huh? We’ve been even more careful with germs since then.
Caleb refused to call him “Isaac” until just recently when he preferred to just call him “Baby” and would protest anyone who tried to correct him. He is always saying “It’s OK baby!” whenever he hears him cry and loves to look at him and soak it all in. He was amazed to find out that the baby has elbows just like him!
Kelsie loves to hold Isaac as much as she can, and is taking her role as big sister (and only sister) very seriously. She loves to watch him sleep and is already such a great helper around the house, particularly with Caleb. She’s the first one by my side as soon as she gets home from school wanting to know how Isaac is doing.
Wally and I are trying to figure out life with a newborn + 3 kids. Wally’s been a great help getting kids to school, (only forgetting to pack a lunch once), soccer practices and games, making dinner, and letting me sleep. I am so happy to not be pregnant any more and that my recovery is already so much better than it was with the last couple of babies. We survived the first night (just barely) and are starting to believe that we can do this again (but ask us again in a few days…). We love our little Isaac and are so happy he’s here.

18 comments:
Oh my gosh he is so cute! Congrats! I can't wait to meet him!
What a handsome little guy! I think he looks a lot like Brandon in that last pic, but he definitely has his own look! We can't wait to meet him! Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. I'm glad the adjustment is going well! Congrats!
If I lived closer I'd bring you a lasagna! I am thinking of you and wishing you a happy congratulations.
Congratulations! What a perfect, little boy! Can't wait to meet him.
He is so handsome! I wish I could hold him! I can't wait to see more pictures. Hint, hint :) I'm glad you are feeling pretty good! I wish I could come help but it seems you already have such great helpers :) Congrats again!
Oh, he is BEAUTIFUL and your pictures are beautiful too! I love it! Congrats!!!
The one good thing about having more kids is a faster recovery time :) Okay, maybe there's more than one good thing, but that is a plus!
He's BEAUTIFUL!! What a cute little guy! I'm so happy for you guys. Especially for your unpregnantness!!
He is so perfect! I wish I was there to kiss him and hold him! :) Congrats!!!
He is SO cute! Congratulations on having another boy! I didn't realize he was born on Josh's birthday.
You guys are amazing parents & will do a great job with 4 kids!
He is so so cute!!! I'm so excited you FINALLY posted pics! What a sweetie! Congrats!! I wish I was there to snuggle him!
Ronni and Wally, he is SO beautiful! What GREAT pictures! He looks a lot like you, Ronni!
Kelby
Can't wait to kiss and hold him! He is so perfect! We're glad you are feeling much better Ronni. What a great husband you have!
OH MY GOSH!!!! That is a beautiful baby!!!! I love him and am so glad all went well. I hope to see you soon.
Isaac is so, so handsome! What a beautiful baby. Great photos and I'm glad things went smoothly this time around. I can't wait to see the little guy in person! Good luck with all of the long nights in these first few weeks. And please call me anytime you want me to take Caleb for a little bit - Eli has preschool Tues/Thurs mornings, but otherwise we're often just around.
Congratulations on your new little perfect baby, he looks so sweet!
Congratulations! He's adorable! Making me baby hungry...
Wow, your pictures are amazing Ronni! He is absolutely beautiful! and absolutely a Paxton!
I'm happy for you too, that you're not pregnant....luved that by the way, and I second that as well.
Welcome to sleepless nights! Hang in there!
Congratulations, Paxton gang! We're running a bit behind on everything these days - so sorry that this is a bit late. Your new little guy is just beautiful (great pics, Ronni!) and we're happy to hear everyone is adjusting well.
Post a Comment