Sunday, April 24, 2011

How We Spend Our Saturday's


We're right in the thick of spring sports season for our family.  We've got three of the four kids in sports and are having a great time.  I love to watch my kids playing sports and having so much fun.  I love to see their faces light up when their team scores a point or they get a chance to make a play.  I love cheering on the sidelines as loud as I can and stealing a quick wink and a wave when they look over for encouragement.  I love how excited Brandon and Caleb were when they got their uniforms and wanted to sleep in them every night for a week and how even Kelsie was just as (secretly) excited about her own uniform.  Most of all, I love spending this time together as a family, cheering each other on and watching our children grow.


This is Caleb's first time playing any kind of an organized sport.  He was a pretty nervous at first, but once he got on the field and was given his uniform, it all changed.  He can't wait for his Friday practice each week, followed by games on Saturday.  He counts each and every goal during the game and makes sure that we all know the "score".  He devours the half-time snack of oranges each week and is usually pretty happy about running back out onto the field.  Right now for him, it's all about F-U-N.  He can be pretty cautious about getting in on the action, but every once in a while surprises us all with a good kick.  




Brandon's a natural on the soccer field.  He has a tendency to hang back on the field and play the defensive role.  He also has some pretty fancy footwork as he dribbles the ball down the field, as he puts it "I'm pretty much the best dribbler on my team".  Humble, I know.  He has yet to score a goal, but definitely not for lack of trying.  He is totally in his element out there and is having such a great time playing.  Being one of the smallest kids on the team doesn't stop him at all. He's pretty quick and has no trouble keeping up with the bigger kids.  They put him in as goalie one game and I think he forgot what he was doing and ended up all over the field and the other team scored two goals on him.  They've kept him out on the field ever since. 






Kelsie is trying out volleyball this time around and it seems to be a pretty good fit for her.  She also seems to be a natural at the sport and is on a great team of girls.  It has been such a positive experience for her and she has gotten a lot more confident since starting.  She only complained of her arms hurting after the first practice and now gets excited each week.  She's a fast learner and has picked up on all the different techniques pretty quickly.  She even made some friends with some older girls whose younger brother plays on Caleb's soccer team that play volleyball.  They've been teaching her and practicing with her during soccer practice.  I love to see her excited about each game and having so much fun!




Our lives have definitely gotten super busy around here with all these practices and games to get to.  Isaac is loving all the attention he gets at all the different games, which makes up for all the interrupted nap times and eating schedules that he's had to adjust to.  Having these kids is so much fun!


Running off the field after practice

Exhausted after his first game and waiting for Caleb's game to start








Her coach watches as she serves during a game

Caleb (and Brandon) listening to his pump-up song before the game
Having fun in between games




6 comments:

Shayne said...

What great pictures, but more importantly, what cute kids! ;) I wish we lived closer so we could come to some of their games!! I'm proud of Kelsie for trying a new sport!

Kenna said...

So much fun! They all look great! It's obvious they love it!

Mom and Dad said...

Wish we could be there to enjoy all the fun! Way to go Kelsie, Brandon, and Caleb!!!

Whitney said...

So fun! I'm glad they are all enjoying their sports! Wish we could be there to cheer them all on!

Kacie said...

I love all the pictures! The last ones of the boys wrestling are so cute! I love how their uniforms are from different countries! So funny! Kelsie looks like a great Volleyball player! Your Saturdays sure must be fun!

Jaime said...

Yay for sports! Looks like you are all having a blast! We wish we could watch one of your games- we'd love to cheer you on! Great pics!