Tuesday, February 12, 2008

We're gonna party!

Caleb turned one this week and it made me a little sad. I'm just not ready for him to grown up yet! He's been a great baby and such a fun kid to have around! I know that it is only going to get better the older he gets, but the longer he's a baby the longer I can wait before I have to think about another one. Not that I'm thinking about another one now, I just wanted to make that clear.

We had a fun party planned for him and everyone was so excited for the big day! Kelsie made him a special sign and we blew up balloons and decorated with streamers (which, as it turns out, when you have high ceilings and short legs like we do, it makes hanging decorations a little more challenging!) . Kelsie even tried to stay home from school since it was his birthday! Brandon could hardly wait for Caleb to wake up in the morning, in fact I'm pretty sure he helped him wake up a little earlier than usual, and showed him all the balloons and decorations when he did get up. We'd like to think that Caleb was surprised with all the decorations just for him, but it was a lot easier to play with the balloons on the ground than to look up. He must have known that it was a special day though because each time we sang Happy Birthday to him he would smile and laugh!

We had his party after dinner when Dad could be home and we (mainly Kelsie and Brandon) had lots of fun opening presents. Caleb loves balls and really loved the O-ball (which we found at Target for a lot less $$) and the roll-a-round balls from fisher price. The Little People Airport was fun too, but mostly for his older brother. He'll have to wait a few more months to really enjoy that one!

To make his party a little more exciting, we decided to have Baby Olympics. We had a crawling race, roll the ball contest, walking race, and finally a cake-eating contest. All the games had a little twist on them to make it a little more challenging for Kelsie and Brandon. (Wally, Kelsie, and Brandon couldn't use their hands for the cake-eating contest which is why there is frosting all over their faces in the picture above.) All in all, we had a really fun time and Caleb at least enjoyed the attention all on him.



Just to show how much fun we had, here's a little video clip of our walking race. I love the part when Kelsie runs Brandon's face into the ground. Don't you wish you could have been here?!

4 comments:

Jennica said...

What a fun party! Those kids are going to have such awesome memories. You and Wally are great parents! Happy 1 Caleb.

Whitney said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I can't believe Caleb is already 1! It doesn't seem that long ago that you guys were here celebrating Lydia's 1st with us(i guess it wasn't that long ago!)

Shayne said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! What a fun party! I love your kids! :)

The Mendenhall's said...

How fun. You guys are so creative. I remember that about your at college. That and you peeing your pants. Anyways, looks like you had fun. Your kids are so cute.