Friday, February 22, 2008

I think I'm in love...




With my NEW camera!





After months and months of saving and waiting (and a little help from our tax return) I finally upgraded our point-and-shoot digital camera to the dSLR Canon Rebel XTi. I have been studying and reading just about everything I can get my hands on about digital photography for the last year and practicing so much that my kids already hate the camera. Too bad for them, because nothing is stopping me now!

Here's one of the first pictures I took with my 50mm lens and am just amazed at how sharp it is! This is straight out of the camera without any editing done except for resizing for the blog. Isn't it so exciting?!?!

7 comments:

Whitney said...

That's awesome! I'm soo excited for you! I can't wait to see more pics! That picture of Caleb is great!

Jessica Price said...

Hi Ronni, It's Jessica Price, remember me? I was reading Ashley Funds blog and I saw your name. I was surprised to see that you have already moved from Richland. So I guess Wally is done with his post doc and is now a professor? That is so amazing, I am so happy for you guys.
Well email me and we can catch up more. Your family is beautiful!
Jessica
jessicaarrowsmith@gmail.com

Kenna said...

Oh, you must be so excited! Good for you. I know how long you've waited to get that thing! I guess you'll have to be the official photographer in May at our Sisters Weekend! Yay!

Jennica said...

I feel like a congratulations is in order. It's exciting to get something you want so much! Plus you are really good at this photography thing. Hey, why didn't you teach us a class when you were here! People have been asking about one, and then you go and move! Just my luck, ...hope you're loving it there.
Missin you and Caleb in the foyer

Sarah S said...

Yeah!!! Congrats Ronni! I am so excited for you. Your picture of Caleb (and the pictures from the lake) are wonderful.

And we love that park by the lake! It's definitely on the playgroup list often in the summertime...

Mom and Dad said...

Caleb is so cute! Congrats on getting a new camera!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you! You're rocking that rebel :)