We decided to venture out this weekend since the sun was out and the temperature was above 20 degrees (32 to be exact!) We went out for lunch to Wendy's, a family favorite, and then drove the kids over to Lake Michigan. It is a lot bigger than I thought it would be, but I guess that is why it is one of the great lakes. It is so big, in fact, that Brandon decided we should "dig for crabs at the beach" since we were at the ocean! Needless to say, there weren't any crabs but there was plenty of ice and snow all over the beach and all across the lake. We thought it was pretty funny when we saw someone throwing pieces of ice across the lake (just like you would if you were skipping rocks) and it just slid across until it hit some more ice.There was a really fun park on the other side of the beach which didn't take Brandon and Kelsie very long to find. They had so much fun pretending to be pirates on their pirate ship and fighting off all the "bad guys". Caleb had fun swinging on the swings and it was just nice for all of us to get out of the house and to get some fresh air! We could also see the Chicago skyline from the park. I keep forgetting how close we are to the city, so it was really cool to see it from that angle.

As always, here are some pictures to document our outing. I am having lots of fun with my new camera and (for now) my willing subjects!




5 comments:
Sounds like fun, if a little cold! I like the new design for your blog.
great pics of the scenery and i love the new template. very you, earthy....brown, chic i might add.
Wow, a little cold, but we're glad you were finally able to venture out!
Great photos!
Sounds miserable. . .I mean fun! I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves! Thanks for changing the background. The black and green was hurting my eyes!
Brrr, that seriously made me shiver... just from reading! You guys are going to have a fun spring and summer there though.
Post a Comment