Saturday, April 05, 2008

Spring Break: Day 5

For our last day of Spring Break, we were super excited because Wally was able to take the day off of work so we took the kids down to the Chicago Children's Museum at Navy Pier. We walked over to the train station and rode down into the city. Brandon had a great time on the train and was even more excited to find out that we got to ride on a bus to take us to the museum! Public transportation is a magical thing to a kid!

The museum was so much fun and there was something for everyone. Wally particularly enjoyed the Inventing Lab, Kelsie loved building a dam in the Waterways room, Brandon couldn't get enough digging for dinosaur bones in the Dinosaur Expedition room, and Caleb enjoyed the Treehouse where he could walk around for the most part undisturbed! We had so much fun and it was great to see the kids having such a good time. Kelsie, Brandon, and I even made stamps at the end of the day in the art center to take home with us.

We had dinner at the pier and Wally and I tried a genuine Chicago-Style Hot Dog and Polish Sausage. It was pretty good, but admittedly, not my favorite thing to eat. Wally asked Brandon and Kelsie if chicken nuggets and some french fries would be good for dinner and Brandon said, "But Dad, that's not a happy meal!" I guess that would make it an unhappy meal? So, in the end they got their happy meals and were happy'! (How many times can I say happy in one paragraph?)


We had a really fun day in Chicago! Once we got on the train to come home, Brandon immediately fell asleep and Kelsie was just glad to be done walking. Brandon slept the whole way, even when we changed trains and then walked home from the train station. He woke up right when we put him in bed, so we decided to go ahead with our movie night, since it was Friday. It was an exhausting day, but everyone had such a great time!



Just a short video of the kids dancing at the pier

6 comments:

Kenna said...

Nice dancing! I would love to go to the museum and dig for bones! I'm glad you're getting out there and enjoying the 'nice' weather!

Sarah S said...

that video is so funny!! your kids are great dancers. i'm glad you got to go downtown!

Shayne said...

What a fun little trip! You guys always do fun things as a family! I love it! Kelsie and Brandon sure know how to shake their booties!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Cool museum!

Whitney said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! What a fun spring break! The video of kelsie and brandon dancing was hilarious!

Beckie said...

FUN!! This is a little sad - but true I think you have done more in your spring break here than I have in the almost 10 years I have lived here YIKES!!