Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 2: Transformers and More!

I'll be honest. This morning was a lot like yesterday morning. Funny thing is that even with a full night's sleep, I was still just as tired as I was yesterday. It might have to do with this unremarkable perception that today was going to be a lot like the day before it, without the fun of making a laser show.


B is kinda on a Transformers kick, so after getting K to school, B and I made paper Transformers. Here's how we did it:

Step 1: Draw a robot on a piece of paper. Colored paper, if you want to get fancy.

Step 2: Fold the paper into a paper airplane.

Of course, this set B's mind in Single-Track mode. The only thing he can talk about for the rest of our waking hours is Transformers. I'd tried to get it off his mind by going to the park. He insisted on bringing his new toys. Here's a shot of him trying one of them out:


He's been wanting me to find him Transformers movies online for a long time. So, I finally gave in. It will give him something to talk about instead of (or in addition to) Star Wars for a few days. Here's one of our great finds:




I show that to give you an idea how far the Geek spectrum goes out. I don't want to judge, but if you get out there, you will be socially excluded from the Gene Pool.

Today was also the DEWEY FUN RUN! K's been looking for sponsors, and I have been pleasantly surprised at the generosity of the graduate students, postdocs, and others that I work with. K didn't disappoint either. Off to a slow start, she ended up sailing 35 times around the track! It looked so fun that B decided to join her on Lap 20. He ran 16 laps himself! C tried to join them at least 3 times, only to be pulled off the track by an overprotective (and, after 3 times, a slightly embarrassed) dad.

So where do we go to celebrate a big deal like this?

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Another great day with "super" dad! Are you making a transformer costume today??? Congrats to K (and B) for all their laps!

Jennica said...

Can't wait to see the costume you come up with. I'm impressed with K's running. you go girl! Keep a postin' I love it!