Sunday, October 12, 2008

Call Us Crazy...Seriously!

Have you ever wondered what the inside of a piano looks like? Well, here is our piano in all it's naked glory! We bought this piano last December, just before we moved, off of criagslist for $25. It wasn't the prettiest piano on the block, but was quite the steal for the money we paid for it (I know, we're such big spenders!). I have had grand ideas for the last few months of repainting it and making it look nicer. Before we took the plunge, though, I had a piano tuner come check it out for me to tell me what kind of condition it was in. Lucky for us, we really did get a good deal and have a pretty darn good piano. She showed me how we could take it apart to refinish it and so now, after a lot of convincing to Wally that this is going to not be too bad, especially with the help of an electric sander, we're right in the thick of it. We're done with all the major sanding, just need to work on the details now. The painting has started and our hopes are starting to get higher. Stay tuned (ha, ha!) for our big reveal!

10 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Wow, very impressive! Can't wait to see it when you are done!

Unknown said...

I always tell my piano students' parents that a piano is an investment... but you totally have them beat! And if the tuner says it's good, then sweet deal! I can't wait to see the finished product... I've always wanted to paint mine like aqua or something :)

Kacie said...

I can't wait to see the results!

Shayne said...

I'm so impressed! It's such a pain to sand furniture! I'm excited to see the end result!

Alisha Fund said...

wow, are you guys brave or what? how in the world did you convince wally? i need tips! i can't wait to see the end result...

Kenna said...

Doesn't look fun to me! Can't wait to see what it looks like after the transformation!

Whitney said...

Wow! What a fun project! Good luck and I can't wait to see the finished product!!

Heather said...

That's so exciting! And impressive that a $25 piano is in such good shape--not all old pianos are worth the effort it takes to move them. I love that you'll get to enjoy the results of your hard work.

Jaime said...

Wow, I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done- It was kind of cool to see the inside of it!

Unknown said...

I always love the before/after pictures. I have a table that I am trying to get the guts to refinish. You are giving me courage, I tell you, courage!