Brandon stayed home from school today because he isn't feeling well. Caleb and I got it on Monday so I figured it was only a matter of time before it would spread through the rest of the family. Of all the days for him to be sick, though, he missed his field trip to the "Evanston Republic Library". (He was so excited about it yesterday when he came home from school and I thought it was so cute that he said republic instead of public.)Kelsie, on the other hand, was very upset that she would have to walk home by herself at the end of the day. She told Wally before he dropped her off this morning that she saw him standing over the heater so his head would get warm so he would have a temperature so she would have to walk home by herself today. Does that make anyone else think of Shel Silverstein's poem, Sick?
We tried to make it a fun day despite the situation we were in. Caleb was thrilled that Brandon built a big train track for him and played trains together for a while. Then we made some paper snowflakes, Christmas cards, ate macaroni and cheese for lunch, and finally played a computer game.
Kelsie didn't have to walk home alone, for those of you who were worried. I met her halfway and all is well. Who knows, she may be staying home tomorrow.
ONLY if she stands in front of the heater for a really
long
time.

6 comments:
Poor guy! I hope all of you are healthy soon and sorry you had it earlier this week...
I used to put the thermometer on a light bulb! I thought it genius! I hope you're all feeling better soon!
So sad, sounds like you have the same thing we have at our house. Hmmm, are you sure you don't live closer? How could we get the same thing at the same time? I hope you're all feeling better soon!
I love Kelsie's heater excuse!!
I tried the old "thermometer-by-the-lightbulb" trick too. But I think I did something wrong. My mom didn't believe my temperature was over 108, and I got in trouble for breaking the thermometer.
That's too bad you have the bug at your house. Hopefully it'll find its way out soon! (I used mom's heating pad... :))
Oh, I love the things kids say. Just think what you'll be dealing with in another 5 years? Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! I won a couple of turkeys in a tennis fundraiser no too long ago, so I'm going to try out your Best Ever Turkey Recipe. Keep up all the good postin' I love checking your blog out.
Post a Comment